If you are thinking of undertaking DIY work in your home or about to make any significant home improvements, you need to make sure that the electrics are installed to a safely and to a good standard.

Electrical work in the home can be subject to Part P of the Building Regulations.  The easiest way to be sure that your home and the work you have done complies with the regulations is to use a qualified electrical contractor who can certify that their work complies to the building regulations.

If you are a Landlord or manage commercial properties, you have an additional legal responsibility to ensure that you use a competent person to complete any work and that your electrical installations are checked on a regular basis.

Anyone you employ should have the following accreditation from City & Guilds and if they have like Hiskins Electrical they will be willing to produce their documentation to you for your piece of mind


  • City & Guilds 2382-15 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
  • City & Guilds 2393 – Building Regulations
  • City & Guilds 2392 – Fundamental Inspection & Testing
  • City & Guilds 2391-52 – Inspection and Testing